When it comes to your eye surgery and care, technology matters. North Suburban Eye Specialists is the only center in the Twin Cities area to bring together the industry’s leading technology for LASIK, cataract surgery, and comprehensive vision services to ensure your vision is protected and enhanced.
Ziemer Z2: Blade-Free LASIK Technology
The first step in the LASIK procedure involves the creation of a small flap in the eye’s outer corneal tissue. While traditional procedures use a blade for flap creation, NSES was one of the first centers in the region to adopt femtosecond laser technology. NSES’s Ziemer Z2 laser is the most advanced and accurate way to create the corneal flap. The laser flap is more precise than hand-made flaps and allows the eye to heal more quickly and without stitches. Compared to handmade blade flaps and conventional laser flaps, the Z2 has many advantages:
- More comfort for the patient due to a quicker procedure.
- Faster visual recovery due to a smoother flap
- Reduced chance of dry eye due to less laser energy use
- Less inflammation and light sensitivity due to less energy use.
The Z2 laser allows NSES to offer safer, more precise LASIK flaps.
Alcon Wavelight EX500 Excimer Laser System
During LASIK or post-operative cataract surgery fine-tunes, the way light is interpreted or refracted by the eye is adjusted by gently reshaping the cornea with our WaveLight EX500 excimer laser. North Suburban Eye Specialists is the first center in Minnesota to offer this exciting new laser technology. The EX500 is the only laser to offer the industry’s most recent advancements:
- 500 Hz operation, meaning a faster LASIK procedure
- Innovative engineering that reduces flap shrinkage and stromal dehydration of the cornea
- Wavefront Optimized and Wavefront-Guided treatments for complete customization for each patient
- 1050 Hz-type multi-dimensional eye tracking for optimal precision and safety
- Reduces the potential for nighttime glare
Technology matters, and NSES delivers the best technology for a precise LASIK procedure.
North Suburban Eye Specialists uses the latest advanced diagnostic technology as part of its Laser Cataract Surgery program to ensure that each cataract treatment is fully customized based on your unique eye structure, the lens selection you and your surgeon have made, and the visual outcome goals you have.
Our advanced diagnostics allow us to fully map the eye, place the surgical incisions in precise locations, and adjust our treatments based on small changes or aberrations on your eye. This allows us to optimize your vision after surgery.
LENSAR Laser Cataract System
We now offer the LENSAR™ Laser Cataract System as part of our laser cataract program because it is safe, effective, and uses the same proven laser technology that’s been used in LASIK procedures for over a decade. There are a number of important benefits to the LENSAR laser system:
- A unique, high-resolution, 3-D view of your eye that allows your surgeon to tailor your cataract treatment, which can improve visual outcomes.
- The most advanced technology available, which may reduce the time it takes to remove your cataracts.
- A system designed with comfort in mind, so you can relax, knowing the latest technology available is being used to treat one of your most valuable senses – your sight.
- Treatment options for astigmatism, reducing your dependence on glasses after surgery.
- More precise lens placement in the eye, improving visual outcomes.